Lucy’s command of the English language has taken quite a leap in the last two weeks. The most startling is that she’s speaking in much more complete sentences now. Here is a smattering of what we’re hearing these days:
Responses to questions:
- No way
- No no no no no no NOOOOOooooo!
- Yes, pease (she’s still working on the “L” sound)
- Sit (as she sternly pokes the chair seat)
- Daddy read book
- Mommy talk sis-sis
- Mommy blow nose
- Daddy home
- Mommy home
- Sis-sis home
- Woosy home (again, still learning to master the “L” sound; I wonder if she’s a distant cousin to Pavel Checkov? I’ll see if I can get her to say “nuclear weapons” next)
- (Lucy licks a piece of her food, then holds it out) Mommy eat.
Commands (carries a tornado sentence if disobeyed):
- I’ll walk.