Odd quotes heard at the Gilbert household on Christmas Day 2012:
You wrapped too much on me, Mom!
– Lucy, talking about the quantity of scotch tape on one of the gifts she was struggling to open.
You gotta pop her head and arms off, first.
– CJ, talking about the Lego mini-fig that Lucy was trying to add a cape to.
Warning! Hugs must be used before assembly.
– Katherine, who was repeating (in traditional Katherine-crazy fashion) CJ’s request to give Dad a hug thanking him for the gift, before assembling it.
I’m sorry I got you a gift that sucks.
– Mark, about the "My Sister the Vampire" books he gave her, where "That sucks!" is the vampire equivalent to "That’s cool!"
You said you wanted a movie where a whole bunch of heroes came together, right?
– CJ talking to Mark, referring to the "VeggieTales: The League of Incredible Vegetables" movie he just unwrapped. Mark later unwrapped "The Avengers".
YOU. ARE. AWESOME!!! And rather delicious.
– Katherine, to Mark about the huge pack of multi-colored gel pens he gave her. After the "delicious" comment, he was found in the living room, cowering in fear.
Dad, you’re going down!
– Katherine, referring to the Nerf war that was about to erupt.
I’m glad my daughter is into fantasy as much as she is.
– Mark, responding to Katherine.
I can’t fight in fuzzy slippers.
– CJ, just prior to joining the foam-filled fray.